“ACROSS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL VILLAGES IN RUSSIA” TOUR
Welcome to the old northern villages Kimzha, Kiltsa and Verkola which are included to the list of the Association of the most beautiful villages of Russia. Northern villages are an enwrapping antiquity, hidden museums right to the sky. Museums without fences, showcases or barriers. Places which may come to life if you are ready to listen to them carefully. Here you can hold in your hands an old utensil, have a walk over breezy age-old floorboards, try to weave doormats or towels, grind the grain on millstones.
Duration: 4 days / 3 nights
21 000 RUB – Economy Room
23 500 RUB – Standard Room
Children under 5 years, without extra bed, pay for meals and transfer only.
For children from 5 to 14 years we offer 20% discount on the tour
08:00 – Departure from Arkhangelsk. 3.5-4-hour drive (one stop).
12:00 – Arrival at the Golubino Forest Hotel. Tea party with local pastries.
Walking through the reserved forest, visiting the Holy Spring waterfall.
17:00 – Check-in.
19:00 – Dinner.
Traditional Russian banya (sauna) (extra cost).
07:00 – Breakfast.
8:00 – Transfer to the village Kiltsa (Mezen district, 180 km, ~3-hour drive)
11:00 – Tea party with local pastries.
11:30 – Excursion around Kiltsa.
12:30 – Transfer to the village Kimzha (Mezen district, 17 km, ~40-minute drive).
13:30 – Lunch at the village.
14:30 – Excursion around Kimzha.
15:30 – Excursion to the Museum “Politov Dom”.
16:30 – Folk master-class.
20:00 – Return to the Forest hotel “Golubino”. Late dinner.
08:00 – Breakfast.
10:00 – Excursion to the karst cave.
12:00 – Excursion to Krasnaya Gorka and Krasnogorsk Bogoroditsky Monastery (inactive), Visiting the grave of Prince Golitsyn.
14:00 – Lunch at a hotel restaurant.
15:00 – Excursion to the karst cave “Pevcheskaya Estrada”.
Traditional Russian banya (extra cost).
19:00 – Dinner.
07:00 – Breakfast.
08:00 – Transfer to the village Verkola (~5-hour drive).
13:00 – Lunch at the village.
14:00 – Excursion around Verkola.
15:00 – Excursion to the Museum of Fedor Abramov. Visiting Verkolsky Monastery.
17:00 – Dinner.
Transfer to Arkhangelsk.
3 meals a day
Transport and excursion program
ADDITIONAL COSTS (OPTIONAL)
- Airfare and train tickets;
- Talagi Airport-Arkhangelsk transfer:
1 000 RUB per passenger car (4 seats)
Round-trip transport (Arkhangelsk-Golubino-Arkhangelsk):
2 400 RUB per adult
1 800 RUB per child
- Individual transfer from Arkhangelsk to Golubino (one-way):
8 000 RUB – per passenger car (4 seats)
- 4 000 RUB – surcharge for a single occupancy room
- 15 % discount on the tour price for an extra bed
- Traditional Russian banya
- 3 000 RUB – Excursion to Malye Korely, an open-air museum of traditional wooden architecture
- Please note that the tour is designed for physically fit and active tourists. Hiking trail is 10 km long. Unpredictable northern nature often throws surprises in the form of regular rains and annoying midgets, so you should be prepared. River rafting involves independent rowing: the river is narrow and quite shallow.Consumption of alcoholic beverages and smoking is not permitted throughout the journey (Smoking is allowed in designated areas only).Protected areas legislation prohibits any activity that may be contrary to the objectives of the reserve, including: fishing, hunting, making fires in non-equipped places, pollution of the territory, collection of zoological, botanical, mineralogical and other forest products.
Destruction and damage of barriers and other information signs and stands of the reserve as well as equipped recreation areas. Other activities violating natural processes, threatening the state of natural complexes and objects, and not related to the objectives of the reserve.
Being part of the group requires tourists to observe the given time schedule and follow the route, taking into account the interests of the group. We ask you to stick to a schedule and follow the rules in order to avoid being late. The Golubino Forest Hotel reserves the right to change the order of services without reducing their volume. Persons under the influence of alcohol or drugs are prohibited from the tour.